This recipe has a little story. I was putting my eggs and bread away in the bucket I store some small foodstuffs and I pushed a little too hard and heard a :ccrrck:
Oopsies!
I wasn't really hungry but as I am too cheap to pour a perfectly good egg down the drain I decided to cook it up something simple. Since the egg broke in a bag when I added it to the skillet the white poured out of the back and I dumped the yolk out of the shell. The yolk started cooking first, naturally, and then I started to quickly scramble it so it would be one cohesive dish, but I didn't really mix the two parts, and that turned out to be a tasty idea. I do love egg whites, but I also appreciate yolks from time to time. I threw in some chopped cilantro and then seasoned with salt and dash of cayenne and it was a happy snack from a lucky accident.
Yield: 1 serving
Ingredients:
1 egg, separated
1.5 T cilantro, chopped
2 tsp vegetable oil
salt
cayenne
Heat oil in skillet. Once hot add both parts of egg. Begin to scramble but do not mix the white with the yolk. While scrambling add cilantro and season.
Sorry for the photo quality, my camera is beyond dead so this was taken with my phone.
Enjoy by itself as a breakfast/snack food with:
• Toast
• Grits
• In a tortilla with salsa, meat, etc… breakfast burrito??
Or try it as a topping on
• Burgers
• Salmon steak

No comments:
Post a Comment